Thursday, December 4, 2008

UKOUG'08 : I have become death the destroyer of demos

So far today I appear to have a demo Jinx. In the SOA presentation I managed to pick a broken BPEL service so was unable to get a response back. In the JDeveloper SCM presentation there was no network connection for me in the room so I ended up having to sit in the stairwell some distance from the room. Then it went a bit Pete Tong in the room and I was left outside as a confused bunny. Still people came out of that one smiling!

Still I have the mulit-teir webservice deployment in my presentation this afternoon, what could possible go wrong...

Hiding out in the Speakers lounge now, the trade floor was full or lots of very bored sales people, many having Wii tournaments. Feel bad when they find out I work for Oracle so perhaps am not the best person to talk to. I did notice that the RittmanMead stand has the best beer fridge on the floor. Most Sci-Fi technology goes to KeyWay who were showing a Flash card with R/W bandwidths of 500Mbit +. Parrallel writes to 22 flash chips whifch is very nice.

Right well no presentation for a little while, better delete some email. I am not on until 17:30 so goodness knows how many people that will net given the general feeling that everybody has already gone home. But then I have an hour or so in the Xmas market until I get the train home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember, long time ago, a collegue of me who was able to freeze any application, just by using it in a few minutes ;-)

Gerard Davison said...

Grant, of the other PMs here, sat down next to me in the speakers lounge.... I did warn him.... now his demo has stopped working properly. :-)

Perhaps the speakers room is not the best place for me to be sitting!

Simon W Day said...

Ah, memories, memories...

When my demos used to go right I would let out a whoop.

Rgds SWD 80)